Tuesday, December 25, 2007

KBS Historical Series 'Dae Joyoung' Ends after 15 Months

The KBS historical drama series "Dae Jo-young" ended Sunday after 134 episodes.

Launched in September last year and running for 15 months, the hit drama commanded weekend ratings of over 30 percent.

In a KBS/AGB Nielsen Media Research tally, ratings posted 36.8% for the 130th Dec. 9 episode.

In the final episode Sunday, the portrayal of the Balhae kingdom gaining amity with China's Tang dynasty's impressed the viewers. Many reportedly shed tears when Dae Jo-young (played by Choi Soo-jong) had to part ways with his son (Jeong Tae-woo).

The episode recorded 33.3% viewer ratings (AGB Nielsen Media), 5.2% point higher than Saturday, in the successful conclusion.

source: kbs global

Related Tags:
///

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm crazy about Dae Joyoung series that I cannot watch any longer in France.
Please could you tell me how to download or even buy the complete series DVD.
I'm french but love Korea. Many thanks. Daniel.
caradecdaniel@neuf.fr

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Türkiye to Korea.

I love Korean historical tv series alot.I believe Similar culturel issues found at both cultures makes them more enjoyable for Turkish people too.

I wish to see more of this wonderfull series.

If Some historical based scenerios were shot about Central Asia,Middleeast and Far Asian relations in history;that would sure make more people fall in interest in these kind of series.

Series about Cengiz Kagan were woderfull too;but also not that deep in cultural issues I mentioned above sadly.

I am really looking forward to see a Headpiece from Korean producers a wide and deep series about Ancient history of Asia and may be even relations with middleeast.

Korean productions are best about setting historical base and background and some romantic fantasy scenerio added on it.

I will keep following these series always as long as Turkish television give them too.

I want to thank everyone who took part in these wonderfull pieces of art.


Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

i really want to buy the complete series of this dvd could you pls.advise me where to buy.
ilive here in dubai and i watch this movie in the kbs world (english)

Anonymous said...

Hello from the United States!

Great series, I can watch it online but am now searching to buy the DVD set. It is certainly worth paying for and would like to have it as part of my favourite shows/movies collection. I also hope everyone else discovers just how epic this series is.